03 March 2017

My Favorite Social Media Platforms To Use For Lolita Fashion



This week's Lolita Blog Carnival topic is sweet and simple. I look forward to reading other contributor's lists because we all use social media for different reasons.

To get inspiration: Instagram

I used to mainly use Tumblr as my source of outfit and aesthetic inspiration, but I don't go on as much nowadays. However, I am on Instagram several times a day to browse through the accounts I follow and see what interesting things pop up on my suggested posts feed.

Not only do I follow friends, but I like to follow other lolitas, indie brands, and generally inspiring accounts. I get inspiration for new coordinates, better content ideas, where to eat near me, and just to feel more connected to the online jfashion community. Whenever I feel unmotivated to get dolled up or uninspired with my wardrobe, Instagram is my go-to source for revitalizing my love for this fashion.

To unwind and relax: Youtube

While I haven't been uploading videos myself lately, I still watch Youtube every day. It is an integral part of my morning routine. I watch vlogs, makeup videos, and product updates when I am doing my makeup. Even if I'm going bare-face, I like to relax with my coffee.

Because I don't really need tutorials or look for jfashion advice videos, I really just watch to unwind and catch up with what people are doing.

To post my outfits: Instagram

I don't really post my outfits to Facebook or Tumblr much anymore, only occasionally to my public page. If you've been on this blog for a while, you've also probably noticed I don't really post outfits here either.

Instagram is by far my favorite way of posting coordinates. It is really nice for me to scroll through my profile feed to see my past outfits in one spot for future inspiration or to show someone what I wore to an event. I can reach a much wider audience thanks to the photo-only format and suggested posts feed. Not all of my friends check Facebook all the time and they can easily miss when I post in the vast sea of Facebook.

To catch up with friends: Facebook

Like my other social media, I'm on Facebook all the time. Social media is actually part of my real-life job, so I can't really ever detach myself from this world.

I don't post about my personal life much because in the past "friends" have used information to hurt me - and I still don't know who. You could say I'm a stalker because I mostly use this platform to keep tabs on my friends. Live vicariously through their travel photos, make sure their health is okay, and really just communicate with the people I care about.

People outside of jfashion communities say that Facebook is dying and no longer cool. In university classes, if a professor asks who uses Facebook regularly or who thinks it is still cool to use, maybe only a third will raise their hands. Everything is about Snapchat and Instagram now. However, in lolita fashion we use this a lot for our community pages and groups, so we just use FB a lot more than the cool kids apparently.



What social media platforms do you use for lolita?



Other blogs who participated:



Thank you for reading my blog, it really means a lot. 

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe. 

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more!

4 comments:

  1. I like that you broke it down by what you like each platform for! I think I'm pretty similar to you, insta for inspo, FB for friends, etc, though I'm trying to get back into the habit of posting outfit pics to tumblr as opposed to insta because the format lets me share more pics/details within a single post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It felt more natural that way!
      I agree about the creativity of Tumblr for posting outfit pictures, that definitely is a bonus.

      Delete
  2. An fascinating discussion is value comment. I think that it is best to write extra on this matter, it won’t be a taboo topic however generally people are not enough to talk on such topics. To the next. CheersSolleonis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like Jones Morris mentioned, I think Solleonis is a very nice change to good ol' FaceBook. If you're looking for a safe, reliable, and all-in-one social media network, it is a perfect match for you! Solleonis - Canada's New Social Media Platform

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT FORM MESSAGE IS HERE